The Chamber supports its own charitable endeavor: “The John F. Kennedy International Chamber of Commerce Scholarship” offered through the Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology.
This endowed scholarship with the College allows the Chamber of Commerce to make significant, long-term scholarship awards to students who meet the Chamber’s criteria.
The College will award this scholarship to one student per year who:
- Is enrolled in either a bachelor of science or an associate in applied science program
- Is a son or daughter of an aviation industry employee working on or adjacent to JFK International Airport, or is a student in Aviation High School’s fifth year airframe and power plant extension program at JFK Airport.
- Demonstrates financial need
- Achieves a high school grade average of not less than 75 percent
- Performs a service to the high school or community
- Is recommended by one of his/her high school teachers
Candidates who feel they meet the criteria for a John F. Kennedy International Airport Chamber of Commerce Scholarship must fill out an application for the scholarship along with an application for admissions. If their qualifications are approved, they are interviewed by the College’s Director of Alumni and Development. One scholarship will be awarded each year. Applications for the JFK Chamber of Commerce Scholarship, as well as additional information, may be obtained by contacting Kalli Koutsoutis, Director of Alumni and Development, at 866-6VAUGHN, extension 142, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org